[vtkusers] how to pick a point of volume from screen

Yixun Liu yxliu at fudan.edu.cn
Wed Sep 6 11:17:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to pick a point of volume from screen. The vtkPointPicker is used to select a point by shooting a ray into a graphics window and intersecting with actor's defining geometry - specifically its points. However this method cannot select a point, which I see on screen. For example, I have a MRI series of head and I can visualize its internal organ,e.g. brain, by adjusting opacity function. I select a point on the brain surface with mouse, but the return point of vtkPointPicker is that located on the boundary box of the volume. How to select a point of the volume, which I can see on the screen?

Regards,

Yixun Liu