[vtkusers] Qt with VTK error-MSVCP80.dll not found

Ashish Singh mrasingh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:54:19 EDT 2006

Hi,

I want to use Qt to develop a GUI for my VTK application, so I recently
installed Qt 4.1.4 on my workstation and reinstalled VTK with the vtkgui
support and qvtk 'ON'. When I tried examples(ImageViewer and Events) from
the directory ..VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt, I get the following pop up error.

'This application has failed to start because MSVCP80.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem. '

The examples compile and build fine, but when I run them( when I run the
executable), I get the above error.
Can anyone please tell me what is going wrong here? I am working with Qt
4.1.4 and VTK 5.0.2 on windows XP platform.

Thanks,
Ashish