[vtkusers] Problems with vtkMassProperties !!!! Please Help

Deepak Roy cdeepakroy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 28 16:46:11 EST 2005

hello everyone,

  I have a question regarding vtkMassProperties.

  The vtkMassProperties::GetVolume does not give me good results. I am
trying to find the volume enclosed inside a closed triangular mesh. It is
approximately of the shape of the hemisphere.

  vtkMassProperties ---- can some one give me the paper implemented by vtkMassProperties if it is available for public. I found the artical information from the vtkMassProperties Header file

            "Evaluation of new algorithms for the interactive measurement of surface area
           and volume" - Alyassin AM et. al

  I want to look at the method used by vtkMassProperties to calculate the
 volume but i could not find this article online.

  Or can anyone briefly explain in a few words, whats the basic idea used by vtkMassProperties to calculate the volume enclosed. How does the sampling of the mesh affect the results.

  Thanks in advance.

  Bye

  Deepak