[vtkusers] question about maximum intensity projection on sheared input

永强 谭 yqtan at realss.com
Sun Apr 3 06:25:47 EDT 2005

Hi, vtkusers,

I am working on MIP (maximum intensity projection). Using
vtkVolumeRayCastMIPFunction, vtkPiecewiseFunction, vtkVolumeProperty, I
find it works very well for regular vtkImageData input.

My question is how to deal with input that is not regular. For example,
some MR series are acquired slopeinglingly so that slice thickness is not
equal to spacing between slices. So the input is a vtkImageData with a
shear Transformation. Any insight on how to deal with this kind of input is
greatly appreciated. Thank you.

--
David Tan
Laboratory for Medical Information Informatics