[vtkusers] ANNOUNCE: vtkCustomModule-1.2 - build new VTK modules

Michael Halle mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:13:20 EST 2003

Dear VTK users,

At our lab, we had the need to develop custom VTK modules independent
of the VTK tree.  We started with Kitware's "vtkMy" example, but
found that changing all the names in all the files was tedious.  So,
we wrote some code and templates to automate the process.  The
result is vtkCustomModule.  Thanks to Kitware for the head-start!

We'd like to make this tool available to the broader VTK community
to encourage people to make new modules.  We've used this tool
internally for about half a year;  this is our first public release.
Perhaps Kitware would consider making some small improvements
(CMake automation would make sense) and include it in 4.2?

Here's where you can get the package:

https://share.spl.harvard.edu/share/birn/public/software/vtkCustomModule-1.2.tgz

This work is brought to you in part by NIH sponsorship through NCRR.

Michael Halle
mhalle at bwh.harvard.edu