[vtkusers] building vtkNightly

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at merton.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Nov 13 09:58:20 EST 2002

Hello all,

I've been trying to put vtk 4.0 on my Win 2000 machine for use with java
1.4.1. After reading some of the archives I discovered that I really needed
to use the nightly version since I wished vtkPanel to be part of the vtk
package.

Previously I had successfully built the release version (but can't use it
as vtkPanel is not packaged), but in building the nightly version (both
yesterdays and todays) I get the following error.

--------------------Configuration: VTKJava - Win32 Release--------------------
Performing Custom Build Step on C:\vtkNightly\vtkbin\java\vtk\vtkObject.java
Performing Custom Build Step on C:\vtkNightly\vtkbin\java\vtk\vtkObject.class
'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

I have java installed in c:\Program Files\jdk_blah... so I assume the error
relates to this. Any suggestions as to what is causing this error and how I
might resolve it (other than moving java!)?

Cheers,

Mark