[vtkusers] Problem building TCL and Python wrappers for VTK 4.0 on a PC. The answer.

Andrew J. P. Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Wed Dec 19 23:06:27 EST 2001

It is my mistake - I didn't specify an executable path. In CMAKE -> Show
Advanced Values, you must set EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH to some value. (I
have used vtkbin/executable in this case).

To me, the fact that an executable path has to be specified is not very
obvious so ...

Perhaps in the file README.html it would be wise to put a sentence like
this in the Common Problems section: "Failure to build python or tcl/tkl
wrappers: Make sure you edit EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH in CMakeCache.txt to
point to a directory where executables can be created."

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Postal:
Australian Centre for Field Robotics
The Rose Street Building J04