[vtkusers] Elevation and Azimuth Camera movements

James A Galbraith/GALBJA/CC01/INEEL/US GALBJA at inel.gov
Tue Apr 24 10:39:02 EDT 2001

I'm having problems getting my camera pointed in the right direction.  I've
got a slice of terrain data and I'm trying to get the camera to show a side
view of the slice.  So, I dropped the elevation to ground level (Elevation
(-90)) followed by changing the azimuth (Azimuth(angle)) to hopefully swing
it around to be perpendicular to the slice.  It appears that the Azimuth
operation is having no effect.  I have dumped the camera position after
each operation and it doesn't change after the Azimuth operation.  I
swapped the operations just to see what happens.  The Azimuth operation had
an effect, but then the Elevation operation seemed to override anything the
Azimuth did.  Am I crazy or am I doing something wrong here?  Any other
ways of doing this?

Thanks

James Galbraith
Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory (INEEL)
galbja at inel.gov