Labeled data visualization

Emmanuelle Bourrat bourrat at merl.com
Mon Mar 20 12:58:15 EST 2000

Hi everyone,

I have a problem to visualize a labeled data.

I have a data that has 2 labels:
	- 7 for the vessels
	- 6 for the ventricle
And I want to visualize it with a transfer function and an opacity
function, that allows me to see both or only one of the labels...

This is what my program does:
	-> 1)
	I take the first label (the vessels), I copy it into a temporary
scalars, I put the value 63 where there is 7 in the original data, and I
put 0 elsewhere.
Then, I smooth TempScalars.
Then, I copy TempScalars into the FinalScalars, for each voxel j:
	if (OriginalData(j)==7) then FinalScalars(j)=TempScalars(j);

	-> 2)
	I do the same for the 2nd label. I take the second label, I copy it
into a new TempScalars. I put the value 63 where there is 6 in the
original data, and I put 0 elsewhere.
Then I smooth the TempScalars.
Then, I copy TempScalars into the FinalScalars with an offset of 64, as
follows:
 	if (OriginalData(j)==6) then FinalScalars(j)=TempScalars(j)+64;

And then, I save the final data.

So the values corresponding to the vessels are between 0 and 63, and the
values corresponding to the ventricle are between 64 and 127. I looked
at the histograms corresponding to these data, and it's OK.
But, when I visualize the final data, there are values corresponding to
the ventricle that are under 64. So, when I do an opacity function to
visualize only the vessels, I also see parts of the ventricle. So what I
visualize doesn't coroborate with what I see in the histograms.

To have a better understanding of my problem, I did only the second
point without the condition: FinalScalars(j)=TempScalars(j)+64, and save
it. Then all the values are between 64 and 127, there is no value under
64.

Does anyone have an idea of where my problem comes from?

Thanks,
Emmanuelle Bourrat.
"info vtkusers" to the same address.