[vtkusers] ReleaseData and ImageMarchingCubes

Sathya skrishna at cscs.ch
Thu Dec 7 11:23:43 EST 2000

Hello Everybody

I am still trying to DataStreaming. Following, the FAQ on the web I modified
the pipeline to look like this

vtkPegasusReader myReader
..
myReader ReleaseDataFlagOn

vtkImageMarchingCubes mCubes
mCubes SetInput [myReader GetOutput]
and son on..

I am facing two difficulties here

1. The Pipeline sends the Reader the request to read data twice
     a) First time it requests the full dataset size described
     b) Second time it requests continuosly the slice increments until the
whole dataset is read.
This causes unnnecessary waste of time in the first read. How can I avoid
this ?

2. ImageMarchingCubes just renders only the last few slices it has read. So
the output is incorrect. How can I correct this ?

Can someone kindly let me how to fix these problems ?

Thanks a lot

Regards
Sathya

Sathya Krishnamurthy
Research Scientist  , CSCS
Galleria 2 , Via Cantonale
CH - 6928 , Manno Switzerland
Ph: 41-91-6108260 ----- mobile: 41-76-574-0069
The views, opinions and information contained in this email do not
necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of CSCS, nor does email of this
information imply an endorsement by CSCS.