[vtk-developers] Regression Testing

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 10:02:56 EDT 2001

I'd like to set up a dashboard of sorts...a couple of questions

Which "Set" of tests are run on the main vtk Dashboard. Is there an
official list anywhere. Up till now, I've been using a Gui tool (by will?)
and selecting common/graphics/imaging/contrib etc and just running them via
the gui...(very nice by the way)

Quite a few have no valid image, lots fail due to the odd pixel difference,
but about half a dozen crash and cause the testing to stop whilst an error
message pops up. How can I run the tests in a controlled manner? (ie, when
they crash, a log is written and the tests continue - no intervention by me
being the salient point).
(I'd very much like a simple text log (or dashboard) to appear each day (or
maybe just after each run), rather than a gui approach - nice though it is.

The main reason for doing this is that I need to set up some tests for my
own build/classes/wrapping and scripts and might as well do the rest whilst
I'm at it...

Thanks

JB