[Ves] Android Kiwiviewer: change KiwiGlSurfaceView background color

Pat Marion james.patrick.marion at gmail.com
Tue May 20 13:05:16 EDT 2014

Jamie, you could try using the Kiwi scene file.  The scene file can be used
to load one or more datasets and set visualization properties of the
datasets and scene, including background color (solid color, gradient
color, or textured image background).  The scene file is supported in the
KiwiViewer 2.0 for iOS, but for Android you need to download the 2.0 apk
from this link instead of the Google Play store:

http://packages.kitware.com/packages/application/view?applicationId=14

For an example of the scene file, check out this zip file here:

https://midas3.kitware.com/midas/item/34777

More documentation of the scene file format is here:

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VES/KiwiViewer_Scene_File#JSON_scene_file_for_KiwiViewer_v2.0

You can either bundle datasets with a .kiwi scene file in a zip, or
distribute the .kiwi file standalone and reference datasets by url,
KiwiViewer will download the data using http or ftp.

Pat