[Ves] problems building ves for android

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Sun May 18 20:59:35 EDT 2014

I may have found the problem on Linux. Can you try this branch:
*android_cmake_fixes* from this remote: git://vtk.org/stage/VES.git

Let me know if this fixes the problem you are having with the detection
problem you mentioned.

Thanks,
Aashish

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 7:52 PM, Daniel Fuentes <
daniel.fuentes at softwaredelcentro.com.ar> wrote:

> Hi Mohammad, I did read this links
> http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/546
> and
> http://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/642
>
> also see the readme files VES's:
>
> VES_SRC/Apps/Android/Kiwi/README.txt
> VES_SRC/Apps/Android/README.txt
>
> I haven't seen many changes since the last time I built it.
> So, I tried to build it using my known method.
>
> So, I tried to build it using my known method. It worked ok.
> Next, I list step by step that I did.
>
> I used tools:
>
> -Linux Debian Wheezy (64bits)
> -Java 7
> -Cmake 2.8.9
> -Android NDK r8b
> -Android SDK 22.3
>
> The steps on a console were:
>
> $ export ANDROID_SDK=/tmp/android_sdk_path
> $ export ANDROID_NDK=/tmp/android_ndk_path
>
> $ git clone git://vtk.org/stage/VES.git
> $ cd VES
> $ export VES_SRC=$PWD
> $ cd Apps/Android/CMakeBuild
> $ cmake -P configure.cmake
> $ cd build
> $ make -j8
> $ export
> VES_DIR=$VES_SRC/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/ves-android
> $ export
> VTK_DIR=$VES_SRC/Apps/Android/CMakeBuild/build/CMakeExternals/Build/vtk-android
> $ cd ../Kiwi/jni
> $ cp CMakeLists.txt CMakeLists.txt.prev
> $ echo "cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)" > CMakeLists.txt
> $ cat CMakeLists.txt.prev >> CMakeLists.txt
> $ cmake
> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=$VES_SRC/CMake/toolchains/android.toolchain.cmake
> -DANDROID_NATIVE_API_LEVEL=8 -DVTK_DIR=$VTK_DIR -DVES_DIR=$VES_DIR .
> $ make -j8
> $ mv libs ../
>
> At that point, you can import Kiwi as eclipse project, from the path
> VES_SRC/Apps/Android/Kiwi
>
> I tried to build it again, using the Android NDK r9d version without
> success. I had an error similar to you.
> The android toolchain script for cmake, didn't can detect the NDK properly.
> On your case, I think that the problem is the cmake version.
>
> Regards
> Daniel

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*