[Ves] Render mobile camera video using ves

Li Ge lge at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 19 15:18:25 EDT 2014

Hi Aashish,

Thanks for your help. I followed your hint and try to get
TestTexturedBackground demo running. However, I encounter the following
issues:

In the line: rep->setPolyData(polyData),
EXC_BAD_ACCESS(code=EXC_ARM_DA_ALIGN, ...) error occurs.

The loadData method is defined in a class ISEViewer:: public vesKiwiBaseApp.
It is same as the one in TestTexturedBackground:

  void loadData(const std::string &filename, const std::string&imageFilename)

  {

    this->unloadData();

    vesKiwiDataLoader loader;

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyData> polyData =

    vtkPolyData::SafeDownCast(loader.loadDataset(filename));

    assert(polyData.GetPointer());

    vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation* rep = new vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation
();

    rep->initializeWithShader(this->ShaderProgram);

    // Here is the EXC_BAD_ACCESS error occurs

    rep->setPolyData(polyData);

    rep->addSelfToRenderer(this->renderer());

    this->DataRep = rep;

    this->setBackgroundImage(imageFilename);

  }

The method is called in a ViewController's initViewer method:

-(void) initViewer

{

  [EAGLContext setCurrentContext:self.context];

  std::string model = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:@"bunny"
ofType:@"vtp"] UTF8String];

  std::string background = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] pathForResource:
@"kiwi_opaque" ofType:@"png"] UTF8String];

  self->viewer = ISEViewer::Ptr(new ISEViewer);

  self->viewer->initGL();

  [self resizeView];

  self->viewer->initShader(

                           vesBuiltinShaders::vesShader_vert(),

                           vesBuiltinShaders::vesShader_frag());

  self->viewer->loadData(model, background);

  self->viewer->resetView();

}

I am not sure what cause the issue, any help is appreciated!