[Ves] How to color polydata with Scalars in VES

Bo Yu yubo1983 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 09:34:31 EST 2014

Hi, I am so sorry to interrupt again.
This time I want to paint the polydata with different colors in each
region. I found there is a method called
void vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation::colorByScalars(const std::string&
arrayName)
, which seem similar to the one I used before to set color of a polydata in
VTK.
polydata->GetCellData()->SetScalars(vtkDataArray *da).

But why the input is a string called arrayName? If you know, Could you tell
me how to use this method or give me some simple examples?

Thanks in advance.

Bo Yu