[Ves] two or more vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation objects

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Aug 19 16:24:36 EDT 2014

It should be doable. I will look into the code and will get back to you
sometime later today.
- Aashish

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Wright James (NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde)
<jamie.wright at nhs.net> wrote:

> Dear VES experts,
>
> I have a project with multiple vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation objects
> rendered to the screen at once. Panning, rotation and scaling happens
> across the objects. However, when I scroll through the slices of one
> imagewidgetrep object I cannot get the slices in the other objects to also
> scroll. I have overridden
> vesKiwiWidgetInteractionDelegate::handleSingleTouchDown() so that if there
> is more than one kiwiImageWidgetRep object then after the first
> representation has moved, the subsequent representations take the
> touchWorldPosition vector and use this in a method I have called
> doSliceScroll() which takes as arguments touchWorldPosition, a vtkTypeId
> variable called cellId, and std::vector<int> variable called
> cellIdToPlaneId (calculated from the second object). Basically this method
> performs the code inside handleSingleTouchDown() from the point where
> locator->IntersectWithLine() is called and found to be true. I thought that
> doing this would cause the slices in other imageWidgetReprese
>  ntation objects to scroll if the corresponding slice in the first
> representation scrolls. However this causes my app to crash
>
> Could anyone point me to where I am going wrong? Do I have to issue some
> kind of callback to the other representations if I want their slices to
> also scroll?
>
> thanks, Jamie
>

> ********************************************************************************************************************
>
> This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the
> intended recipient please inform the
> sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
> Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or
> take any action in reliance on its contents:
> to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Thank you for your co-operation.
>
> NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS
> staff in England and Scotland
> NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive
> information with NHSmail and GSi recipients
> NHSmail provides an email address for your career in the NHS and can be
> accessed anywhere

*| Aashish Chaudhary | Technical Leader         | Kitware Inc.            *
*| http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html
<http://www.kitware.com/company/team/chaudhary.html>*