[Ves] two or more vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation objects

Wright James (NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde) jamie.wright at nhs.net
Tue Aug 19 16:06:05 EDT 2014

Dear VES experts,

I have a project with multiple vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation objects rendered to the screen at once. Panning, rotation and scaling happens across the objects. However, when I scroll through the slices of one imagewidgetrep object I cannot get the slices in the other objects to also scroll. I have overridden vesKiwiWidgetInteractionDelegate::handleSingleTouchDown() so that if there is more than one kiwiImageWidgetRep object then after the first representation has moved, the subsequent representations take the touchWorldPosition vector and use this in a method I have called doSliceScroll() which takes as arguments touchWorldPosition, a vtkTypeId variable called cellId, and std::vector<int> variable called cellIdToPlaneId (calculated from the second object). Basically this method performs the code inside handleSingleTouchDown() from the point where locator->IntersectWithLine() is called and found to be true. I thought that doing this would cause the slices in other imageWidgetRepresentation objects to scroll if the corresponding slice in the first representation scrolls. However this causes my app to crash

Could anyone point me to where I am going wrong? Do I have to issue some kind of callback to the other representations if I want their slices to also scroll?

thanks, Jamie

Thank you for your co-operation.