[Ves] Modifying actors properties before rendering them

Carlos ves at calculoandamios.com
Wed Mar 20 17:22:56 EDT 2013

Hi,

In VTK I have derived the vtkAxesActor class in order to fix the trihedron
in a fixed place on the screen. For this I have override the
RenderOpaqueGeometry() method that is called for each actor when a
renderer->render() is invoked and I modify the position of the Axes to
display it in the desired position.

I'm aware of the limitations of this class in VES as it has been discussed
in a previous thread but I would like to know if there is a similar way to
modify the position of one actor before rendering it with the camera
parameters already established. My problem is that I do not fully understand
the workflow generated after a renderer->render() call. I have checked the
VES code and there are some other classes involved as vesVisitor that I do
not understand.

In VTK I also display an image background using a second camera not related
with the interactor but as I understand it is not possible to use a second
camera in VES. I'm thinking in using the first approach and modify the image
position before rendering it. Does it make sense?

Regards,

Carlos