[Ves] Developers Guide: Testing on Linux

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Feb 13 08:38:09 EST 2013

Hi Michel,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 2:11 AM, Michel Mürner <michel.muerner at medivation.ch
> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the developers guide (http://vtk.org/Wiki/VES/**Developers_Guide<http://vtk.org/Wiki/VES/Developers_Guide>)
> there is a section "Testing on Linux" where it is referred to
>
> $ cd Apps/Linux/CMakeBuild
>
> But when i do clone the git repository I only have the iOS and Android
> directory in /Apps. Am I missing something or is there a different way on
> how to test VES on linux?

Recently we removed it since for the host system you can build VES outside
source now. If you are using superbuild then you can run cmake like this:

cd build
cmake -D ves_superbuild_enabled=ON -DVES_HOST_SUPERBUILD=ON ../src

and then in the build tree you can find ves-host under CMakeExternals/Build

We will fix the documentation.

Hope it helps.