[Ves] Adding Texture To 3D Model Using jpg Texture Image

shamsudheen shamsutk87 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 21:38:00 EST 2013

Hi All,

Im using vesKiwiViewerApp in my iOS application.

I would like a add  Texture to my 3D model which is rendered through " bool loadDataset(const std::string& filename);"

I have found one method  as " void setTexture(vesSharedPtr<vesTexture> texture);" in vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation class.

However Im unable to create vesImage from my .jpg texture image file.

Im looking some thing like vtkPNGReader in VES.

Any help on this is appreciated.

my code is

        vesKiwiPolyDataRepresentation* polyDataRepresentation =  self->renderer.app->getKiwiPolyDataRepresentation(0);

        vesSharedPtr<vesTexture> texture = polyDataRepresentation->texture();

        vesSharedPtr<vesImage> textureImage =  //here i would like create vesImage pointer from my texture-color.jpg file

        texture->setImage(textureImage);

        polyDataRepresentation ->setTexture(texture);