[Ves] Extending the App

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Tue Feb 12 23:22:40 EST 2013

Pat,

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Pat Marion <pat.marion at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Eduardo,
>
> You're correct that the vesKiwiViewerApp api is insufficient.  There's a
> branch called kiwi-update which has a new version of the code which adds
> methods to access the internal representations, and add new ones to the
> list.  You could use this branch, or modify your copy of vesKiwiViewerApp.
> The kiwi-update branch has a lot of changes to it though, so if don't want
> the disruption then I would recommend you just modify vesKiwiViewerApp to
> add accessors to the internal representations vector.

> But, you might be interested in some of the changes, there are new
> features to the existing image widget class
> vesKiwiImageWidgetRepresentation.  I'd be interested to hear from you if
> you want to share what you are doing with your ImageWidgetRepresentation
> class, and if you have any suggestions for improvements to the
> vesKiwiWidgetRepresentation base class.  Thanks!

As far as I know that branch need some clean up but other than that what
holding us to review that branch and get it into master? I guess I am in
favor of small topic branches. Please let me know. I also have few changes
pending but that can after you branch. We can follow up in separate email
if needed.

Thanks,