[Ves] Rotate 3D object to the specifeid angles [iOS]

shamsudheen shamsutk87 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 04:10:06 EST 2013

Hi All,

I have successfully built the VES/Kiwi and have rendered one 3D obj  in to my iPad application from a .obj file.

Im using vesKiwiViewerApp in my application.The Gestures are working and the 3D model is rotating well.

Now I would like to rotate my 3D modal/object through programmatically.

I have  to rotate my 3D object to the following angles,, 30º,60º,90º,120º,150º,180º,210º,240º,270º,300º,330º,360º

So I have wrote the code as below to rotate the  3D object in to 30º

    vesVector3f cameraPosition (30, 0, 1);
    self->renderer.app->setCameraPosition(cameraPosition);

Its rotated.However not exactly to the 30º and the 3D model is zoomed out.

My screen size is (400, 400).So the console window displayed the following when 3D model renderes

resize(400, 399)
x:0.000000 y:0.000000 z:-1.000000
x:0.000000 y:0.000000 z:-439.917145

So I have set the camera position as

    vesVector3f cameraPosition (30, 0,-439.917145);
    self->renderer.app->setCameraPosition(cameraPosition);

Now the zoom is correct and the 3D model is rotated.However not exactly to 30.

My target is to rotate the object in different angles.how can achieve this?

Is it possible to access the rendered 3D object and set the positions instead of using the camera ?

Any help on this is appreciated.

Thanks