[Ves] how to use Kiwi viewer/ how to import data

Bismark, Ronny (SCR US) (EXT) ronny.bismarck.ext at siemens.com
Mon Feb 4 17:30:01 EST 2013

Hi all,

I would like to use the kiwi viewer to display my clouds on the ipad. In the app description it says to open the files from dropbox with the "open in" option. But the kiwi viewer doesn't show up in there for most file formats.
How can I import the data to the program?

Another question...
in the article "PCL goes Mobile with VES and Kiwi" ont hte pcl homepage it says the following:

    "...app that read PCD files and execute PCL filters, and point cloud visualizations with millions of points"

but in the app descriton is no support for pcd files indicated. Can I open pcd files with it or do I need to convert it to a different format first.

I tried several different formats now (.pcd, .ply, .vtk). Only if I use .vtk the Kiwiviewer gets listed int he "open in" option but when I load the pointcloud nothing gets displayed.
The file is not empty. I can display the poincloud on my desktop PC
I really appreciate if someone could help me out...

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation