[Ves] VesKiwiViwerApp

Pat Marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Tue Nov 27 07:30:27 EST 2012

Normally, you would use a GLKViewController in Xcode's Interface
Builder.  The iOS app in Apps/iOS/Kiwi was developed before iOS GLKit
was released, so Apps/iOS/Kiwi is now a slightly out dated example,
and it does not use GLKView or GLKViewController, it uses the
ES2Renderer as you saw.  For a more recent example, you could checkout
the midas-kiwi branch on the VES stage remote:

git remote add stage git://vtk.org:stage/VES.git
git fetch stage
git checkout -t stage/midas-kiwi

Then look in Apps/iOS/KiwiMidas.  This app uses a GLKView and
GLKViewController.  These are objects that you can create in Xcode's
Interface Builder, you can put them in a xib file.  Then you could see
the file MyGLKViewController.mm for an example of how the
GLKViewController calls vesKiwiViewerApp::render().

Pat