[Ves] Create .vti file from a series of images

Pop Silviu silviupop90 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 09:42:45 EST 2012

Hello,
I'm building an application for medical image processing that will run on the iPad for my bachelor's thesis.
I'm trying to add 3D visualisation of the data sets to the app. (something similar to the behavior of Kiwi when loading "head.vti")

How can I build a .vti file out of a series of images? Is there any class in VES that can accomplish this or do I have to write an XML file like "head.vti"?
I tried googling a solution and found out about vtkXMLImageWriter but once I include the file "vtkXMLImageWriter.h" in my project I get 90+ errors.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Silviu Pop