[Ves] Running Kiwi viewer on Android

Shashwath T.R. trshash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:00:11 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

After getting it to work on the iOS simulator, I'm trying to get Kiwi to
run on an Android device. I've been able to compile it (on Mac OS, using
Android NDK v7), but when I run it, either on the emulator or on my phone
(which is a HTC Wildfire S), I get an error saying that "Kiwi viewer
unexpectedly crashed". I realize that my phone probably doesn't have enough
power to pull it off, but should it crash in the emulator in the same way?
Is there any way I can debug it from the desktop and figure out where it's
failing?

Question 2: I'm generally OK when working with VTK and most desktop
technologies. But I'm new to Android and iOS. Would it be possible to
create a wiki walkthrough of the Kiwi source code, so that we can get
started using VES in our own applications?

Thanks,
Shash