[Rtk-users] 3D Backprojection using 360 X-ray 2D images

Fernando Hueso González fernando.hueso at uv.es
Wed Feb 16 10:34:41 EST 2022

Hi Simon, thanks for the support and reply!

It's great that one can now use ProjectionsReader with a RawImageIO.

> In the data you sent, there is an acq.xml file and .bin files which
> seem to contradict each other regarding sdd, sid, offsets etc... Do
> you know in what units each number is given and how they relate to
> each other?

Thanks for catching that. I will contact the manufacturer, I am not sure
why they are different from each other.

> Can you also tell us what is the system you are dealing with?

Yes, I am trying to reconstruct the raw data from a CT scan performed
with this system we have in-house:
https://www.sedecal.com/en/products/superargus-pet-ct/

> Regarding the projection origin, I would only set it such that it's
> centered around 0, i.e.
> io->SetOrigin(0,-detPitchU*(ctWidth-1)/2);
> io->SetOrigin(1,-detPitchV*(ctHeight-1)/2);
> I would then pass the misalignment with the 4th and 5th parameters of
> geometry->AddProjection.

Thanks for the hints.