[Rtk-users] Could not create IO object when using rtkForwardProjections application with NRRD file

Eldridge, Bryce D bdeldri at sandia.gov
Fri Nov 19 16:07:08 EST 2021

I'm trying to use the rtkForwardProjections application, and I got ITK and RTK compiled and mostly working, but when I try to run the rtkForwardProjections tool I get this error:

./rtkForwardProjections.exe -i /c/dev/ct/linkintone.nrrd -g /c/dev/ct/geometry.xml -o /c/dev/ct/output.tif
ExceptionObject caught with reader->Update() in file C:\dev\RTK-2.3.0\applications\rtkforwardprojections\rtkforwardprojections.cxx line 76

itk::ImageFileReaderException (000000EE26CFF248)
Location: "unknown"
File: C:\dev\InsightToolkit-5.2.1\Modules\IO\ImageBase\include\itkImageFileReader.hxx
Line: 133
  Tried to create one of the following:
    GDCMImageIO
    MetaImageIO
    TIFFImageIO
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

It looks like it is not finding the NRRD reader, but so far I haven't seen any options in CMake for including that and I'm not sure where to look next. I'm pretty sure it should be able to load NRRD files.