[Rtk-users] Reconstruction from two eccentric short scans

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Dec 4 05:14:46 EST 2020

Hi Gabriele,
I ran your line codes. You're projections are not truncated so you can just
work on one acquisition at a time. For the first simulation, I think that
there is not enough data. That's unfortunate that RTK does not issue a
warning, I have opened an issue <https://github.com/SimonRit/RTK/issues/393>.
For the second one, I think that the problem is that RTK detects both a
short scan and a displaced detector. The second weighting can be disabled
with ---nodisplaced and you obtain then an accurate fdk2.mha.
I think it's difficult to combine the two acquisitions because the two
fan-beam are from different source positions... I think your best chance is
to reconstruct each acquisition separately.
Simon