[Rtk-users] Gantry rotation direction and artefacts

Vincent Libertiaux vl at xris.eu
Fri Aug 28 03:25:42 EDT 2020

Hi Simon,

thank you for testing my dataset.

I get the same results you describe and I am quite happy with the first
result. However, the reconstructed volume is a "mirror" view of the real
object, and my guess was that the rotating plate was going in the
opposite direction assumed by rtk. Is it the wrong assumption?

Thank you again for your help,

best regards,

Vincent

Thanks for the dataset. When I run
   rtkfdk -p . -r ^proj.mha$ -g direct.xml --spacing 0.5 -d 300
--hardware cuda -o fdk.mha
The result looks good to me. Obviously, when I run
   rtkfdk -p . -r ^proj.mha$ -g inverse.xml --spacing 0.5 -d 300
--hardware cuda -o fdk.mha
the result is bad since the correct rotation direction seems to be the
direct one. Did you expect the second line to produce the correct
result? Or is the first line not producing a good enough result in your
opinion?