[Rtk-users] Result from SART is worse than from FDK

Simon Rit simon.rit at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Tue Nov 5 13:11:59 EST 2013

Hi Andreas,
Thanks for the report. We know that the implementation of SART is
imperfect, we haven't been working a lot on it... It seems that you
haven't reached convergence. One potential cause is that we use a
heuristic for the sum of the weights (denominator in the SART formula)
instead of the exact sum. The weight is constant and equals the
diagonal of your volume (see line 165 in
rtkSARTConeBeamReconstructionFilter.txx). Maybe this is completely
wrong in your case. Could you try to increase lambda to see if that
helps?
To help us do some tests, I would advise you do reproduce your
geometry with simulations of the Shepp Logan phantom (see
wiki.openrtk.org).
Simon