[Rtk-users] Result from SART is worse than from FDK

Staude, Andreas andreas.staude at bam.de
Tue Nov 5 11:11:34 EST 2013

Hello RTk-users,

I try to use the SART algorithm, but the results are worse than those
obtained with FDK (see attached images).

The FDK result looks like expected, so I assume that I have the data
format and the reconstruction geometry set properly. For SART I used the
same parameters and already tried with different values of lambda and
niterations.

Does anyone have an idea what went wrong? Is there some kind of
smoothing or regularisation applied in the SART implementation?

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Andreas

Dr. Andreas Staude
Fachbereich 8.5 "Mikro-ZfP", Computertomographie
BAM Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung
Unter den Eichen 87
D-12205 Berlin
Germany

Tel.: ++49 30 8104 4140