[Rtk-users] RTK calculating attenuation from Varian projection

Andy Shieh hsieandy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 11:58:35 EST 2012

Hi Simon,

Thank you. At the moment I'm just doing something similar to what you did
for the Elekta system - using a log_ref (I'm using HND_INTENSITY_MAX) and
minus the log of intensity plus one (I assume the plus one is to avoid
taking the log of zero?).

Another few question:
1. Are you doing any normalization after reconstruction or forward
projection? Are the negative values in the reconstructed images simply a
result of the ramp filtering?
2. If I want to compare a reprojection from an image reconstructed using
RTK with the original projection, how should I make sure the normalization
is correct? i.e. should I plus/minus or multiply the  reprojected
attenuation before I use exponential and make it back to intensity values?
3. The rtkforward projections doesn't seem to work correctly when I'm
projecting using a geometry file containing several Projection (Angle). The
output mha file seems to "repeat" after a couple of projections instead of
showing all projections. I'm testing this on a Varian Half Fan geometry -
it works fine if I break the geometry file down into one each for each
projection angle and do the forward projection separately. I can send you a
reprojection mha file if my description is unclear to you.

Thanks Simon!!

Cheers,
Andy.