[Paraview] Scaling axis and collating inputs

Chris Coutinho c.coutinho at redstack.nl
Fri Apr 20 11:40:42 EDT 2018

Hi Erik,

To answer your first question, I have had success in the past using the ‘Calculator’ Filter, which you can use to calculate a new value based on a function of the coordinates and/or values of your domain. You can find that filter in ParaView 5.5.0 under ‘Filters -> Data Analysis -> Calculator.

Sometimes it’s enough to change the color scale so that it’s something other than a linear range, I think logarithmic scale is supported out of the box (ie. There is a checkbox under ‘rescale to custom data range’)

If you want to physically ‘move’ the data based on some scale (e.g. deformation), then you probably want to use the Transform filter, which for me is just on the toolbar.

I can’t help you with the second and third questions, and I hope others will be able to help.

Met vriendlijke groet,
REDstack BV

Chris Coutinho
Onderzoeker/Data analist