[Paraview] Particle Tracking on Periodic Meshes

da1910 douglas.addy10 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Apr 11 06:48:43 EDT 2018

Hello,

I'm currently using paraview to visualise and measure mean square
displacement of massless particles in a velocity field (currently in
2d). The tracking of these particles and export of their locations to a
csv file is fairly straightforward and works as expected.

My issue is that my flow field is a flat 2d mesh that is periodic. I
would like my tracked particles to wrap around and respect the periodic
nature of the mesh and the flow field. Is this possible in some way? I
imagine mapping the mesh to the surface of a cylinder is one option, but
then then particles do not follow the field as I expect.

I'd love solutions/advice, as currently my domain is not long enough to
generate statistically useful diffusion data.

Many thanks,

Doug Addy