[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: pvbatch

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Nov 15 09:07:04 EST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 22:04:19 +0000, Scott, W Alan wrote:
> I believe this is a change from the past.  Here is what I desire – how
> do I get it?
>
> I want to run pv(pythonScript).  I want it to produce output.  I want
> it to run off screen, not showing on the console display or current
> display.  This is especially important on classified systems.  MPI is
> not available.
>
> Not too long ago, my understanding was this was pvbatch.  pvpython
> used either the console display or current display as it’s rendering
> space.  This does not catch my needs.

Yeah, it seems I was mistaken. pvbatch is not conditional on MPI. If the
superbuild is built with mesa and Python and without MPI, pvbatch should
be there. I've filed an MR to fix the packaging/install step in the
superbuild:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/merge_requests/388

--Ben