[Paraview] Applying a texture to a sphere

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu May 4 08:54:04 EDT 2017

Don't load the texture as a data set.

Try this:
Sources->Sphere
Filters->Texture Map to Sphere
Properties Tab->Search ("Texture")
Under miscellaneous choose Load and navigate to your image.

The problem shown in the attached result is that the UV coordinates on the
sphere don't seem to map well to your projection. If you can define that
you can then create the texture coordinates in the Programmable filter
instead of the Texture Map to Sphere filter.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive