[Paraview] Generate IDs

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 31 08:22:23 EST 2017

Daniel,

As you have discovered, trying to “connect” data sets in this way after the clip filter is applied is problematic because it changes the locations of points and the structure of cells. It makes the grids no longer isomorphic or sub-isomorphic.

I would suggest one of two approaches. The first approach would be to combine all the data arrays into one data set before doing any of the extractions, thresholds, or clips. If all your arrays are on data sets with the exact same grid structure, then you can use the append attributes filter to combine the arrays of all these data sets into a single data set. Then the arrays will simply be available from the output of the clip.

If that approach will not work for some reason, a second approach is to use the resample with dataset filter. You can use this to sample the other data sets onto the clipped data set, which I think in the end gives you the effect you are looking for.

-Ken