[Paraview] Generate IDs

Daniel Frisch daniel.frisch.kit at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 02:20:39 EST 2017

Hello, I want to

- open an unstructured grid,
- view a sub-volume using the Threshold filter that selects a certain
material
- apply some Clip filters to remove unwanted parts
- select everything I am seeing now
- and create an "Extract Selection" filter that can be used for other vtk
files containing the same unstructured grid but other data arrays.

But the "GenerateIDs" filter removes the material array from the dataset so
I can't apply the Threshold filter anymore. I see the "Extract Selection"
works only with the current IDs anyway that are different from the original
cell IDs due to the Clip filters.

How can I have a filter that extracts a certain set of cells that I define
and apply it to other .vtk files?
Thank you very much in advance,
Daniel