[Paraview] Compute quartile from cell data

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:12:02 EDT 2017

If I use a "compute quartile" filter on a data object that is an
unstructured grid with only cell data I do not seem to see any output data:
Is this a bug or a feature?

If I convert to point data first I can see something, or if I load the same
data just as a plain table it works as well, but it does not work on the
cell data.

One possible logic not to allow this function for cell data could be the
fact that cells can have very different size, so any statistics that works
on number of cells might not seem appropriate. However, I can easily
generate a histogram...

--
Cornelis Bockemühl
Basel, Schweiz