[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Is anyone using the Extra Headlight in ParaView?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 17 13:51:14 EDT 2017

The use case Alan brings up is captured in bug 17236: https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17236. Until that bug is fixed, I would argue strenuously against disabling the headlight. The implementation of the bug fix may or may not require the headlight to stick around (depending on how it is implemented).

I don’t personally have any other use case for the headlight, but it is a convenient way to get a bright light shining directly on the view. It’s valuable to quickly illuminate an object where the shading has made the colors murky. Is there a compelling reason to get rid of it? It’s tucked away in an innocuous corner of the GUI.

-Ken