[Paraview] ParaView newbie with a (hopefully) simple question

Amelia Launspach amylaunspach at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:55:33 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I was assigned a small project on ParaView and I need help getting started.

I need to find a way to loop through N number of source files in the
Pipeline Browser and return the count for number N and group them together
using the group dataset filter.

Each time I upload the data it will be a different number of files that
look something like this:
[image: Inline image 1]
Right now there are N=22 files but the N will differ each time. So I want
to create a script/or programmable filter that will loop through every file
in the pipeline browser, add it to a group dataset, and lastly print the
number N.

How would I begin to do this? Can this be done with a simple script that I
can just copy and paste each time in the shell? Would it be easier to build
a programmable filter?

Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks,
Amy