[Paraview] Dynamic colouring of the geometry in the animation of warped eigenmodes

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 7 12:46:51 EDT 2017

Juha,

As Cory said you can create a plugin to replicate this behavior, but I believe you can also get similar behavior through a collection of filters. Although this is a bit cumbersome, you can try the following steps:

1. Before applying the WarpByVector filter, add the Calculator filter to your data. Set the "Result Array Name" to "OriginalCoords" and the expression to simply "coords". This will capture the point coordinates before warping.
2. Apply WarpByVector to this calculator filter as you did before to the FEM data.
3. Apply another Calculator filter to the output of WarpByVector. This time, set the "Result Array Name" to "ActualDisplacement" and the expression to "coords-OriginalCoords". This will capture the actual displacement applied after the scale factor is used.
4. Color your data by the "ActualDispalcement" field.
5. Set up your animation of the "ScaleFactor" for the WarpByVector filter as you did before.

You should now see "dynamic" colors based on the magnitude of the actual displacement.

-Ken