[Paraview] Lock Data Range for multiple attributes

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Thu Sep 15 06:03:39 EDT 2016

Hello Venke,

Sure, here is the process to set up the lookuptable correctly with the gui:
 - Open ParaView
 - Open your data
 - Color with the data you want to "lock"
 - Show the Color Map Editor ( Right Click on toolbar, Color Map Editor)
- Click on the cogwheel to show advanced options
- Click on the dot on the color line (below the graph) to remove all data
point except the minimum and maximum
- Click on the color line (below the graph) to add two datapoint
approximativally around the locked range you want to set
- Set the correct value for the data point you just added in the table
- Copy the RGB color of the minimum and maximum into your locked range

Done

A side effect is the scalar bar does not show the information you want, but
the color on the mesh are correct.
In Any case, the "Lock Data Range" option should work, but it doesn't, so
it looks like a bug to me.

Regards,

Mathieu Westphal