[Paraview] Visualizing load paths

Sellmann, Kai Asaad asaad.sellmann at rwth-aachen.de
Wed May 11 08:44:27 EDT 2016

Dear community,

I am currently trying to find a way to visualize load paths with results from static finite element analysis within solid structures. For this FE-analysis I use Altairs software suite (Hypermesh/Optistruct/Hyperview).
It would really help a lot to get more information about the background of the stream tracer filters, because I am currently struggeling to format the input properly. As far as I know I need a field of vectors ("The dataset must contain a field array with 3 Components. An Array of vectors (point-centered) is required"), but I am not able to format my FE Output into a proper order so that paraview is able to apply stream tracers.
I have exported my Stress tensor, my Nodal IDs and Nodal Coordinates.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you very much in advance!

Asaad