[Paraview] display boundaries of 2D geometry

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Jun 13 16:27:37 EDT 2016

Matthias,

I'm not sure I fully understand exactly what you are trying to do, but
I will try to make a suggestion anyway. If the edges have a cell data
array giving the ID, you should be able to use the Threshold filter to
extract the edges associated with a particular body ID. Just set the
threshold values to the ID you want to see.

Hope that helps,
Cory

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 6:43 PM, Zenker, Dr. Matthias
<Matthias.Zenker at erbe-med.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> is there a way to display the boundaries (edges) of a 2D geometry? I have
> converted my mesh to vtu using Elmergrid, so I have the IDs of bodies
> (=surfaces in 2D) and boundaries (edges) in a vtu file. Can I just display
> the edges having the same ID? The extract edges filter does not help.  What
> else could I try?
>

> Thank you for a helpful hint,
>

> Matthias

> Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH Firmensitz: 72072 Tuebingen Geschaeftsfuehrer:
> Christian O. Erbe, Reiner Thede Registergericht: Stuttgart HRB 380137

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.