[Paraview] Homebrew Point-Data-To-Cell-Data is too slow - what's the magic

Dennis Conklin dennis_conklin at goodyear.com
Fri Jul 22 08:47:20 EDT 2016

All,

I need a couple homebrew versions of Pt-to-Cell Data because:

1.       I don't want all pts variables done - just 1 at a time

2.       I need special handling for angles that go from -180 to +180 (when 1 end of element has angle of -178 and other end has angle of 180,  a straight average will give an element angle of 1, when the correct answer is -179)

I have attached the kludge versions which I am using.   They are terribly slow.   The Pt-to-Cell data filter is much faster processing the entire set of variables than these are to process a single one.   Is there any VTK routines I can tap to make these faster?

If I'm doing something stupid which is making them slow, please feel free to correct me.

Thanks for looking

Dennis