[Paraview] Paraview 5.1 Parallel & Delaunay

Joachim Pouderoux joachim.pouderoux at kitware.com
Thu Jul 21 03:18:27 EDT 2016

Stephane,

Regarding Delaunay2D, by definition if you only provide points it will
always generate a mesh that have the shape of the convex hull of this point
set.
If you want to keep a hole you will have to define a clock-wise ordered
polygon (not polyline) with points that defines the hole and provide it in
input of the algorithm. In this case Constrained Delaunay trianglation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrained_Delaunay_triangulation> will be
computed - you might have to provide a polygon for the external boundary
(ie. the convex hull boundary for instance) defined in counter-clockwise
order in input too.

Best,

*Joachim Pouderoux*, PhD

*Technical Expert - Scientific Computing Team*
*Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.fr>*