[Paraview] SWKey: Help with VTK XML-Formatted "Writer" Routine.

Samuel Key samuelkey at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 22 20:00:08 EST 2016

Hi Armin,

Thanks for pointing me to the relevant VTK Wiki page!

The information there cleared up my questions about how to incorporate
an arbitrary n-vertex polyhedral finite element into the VTK
XML-structured results file for ParaView.

My delayed reply can be attributed to the maelstrom of counters I had to
introduce into my existing VTK XML Writer. It took a lot of time to get
everything right. (Luckily, my software has an EnSight Writer that
handles polyhedral finite elements and I was able to get ParaView to
convert the 7-cell test mesh into a muti-block *.vtm collection for
comparison.)

Regards,

Samuel Key
FMA Development, LLC