[Paraview] question-filter

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Feb 22 09:22:35 EST 2016

Islem,

There are likely two steps:

1). Threshold your volume to identify only the water-containing cells.
It looks like you have a way to do this already?

2). Compute the volumes of the water-containing cells and summing them up.

You can use the Threshold filter to do number 1 if you have a material
code in the cell data. To compute the volume of the cells, add a
Python Annotation filter to the Threshold filter. Set the Expression

algs.sum(algs.volume(inputs[0]))

This uses the numpy-like interface in the Python layer to compute the
volumes of the cells and sum them all up. The Python Annotation filter
should display the volume with a text label in your renderer.

Hope this helps,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen